Thematic Working Group on Entrepreneurship Education - Final Report
Thematic Working Group on Entrepreneurship Education - Final Report - November 2015: European Commission.
With this policy guidance document, the European Commission aims to support improvements in the quality and prevalence of entrepreneurship education across the EU Member States, providing direction for the next steps in the entrepreneurship education policy agenda at EU and national level. This work has been driven by the Thematic Working Group on Entrepreneurship Education (2011-2014), made up of representatives from Member States, EFTA countries, partner countries and stakeholders and drawing in expertise from across the continent.
Based on the discussions, research and conclusions from this group, it identifies policy success factors for entrepreneurship and illustrates these with examples of good practice from Europe and beyond. The aim is to identify what needs to happen next, both at EU level and in countries at different stages of development.
Calling for action, the document provides guidance to Member States to enhance their efforts to develop and implement the most appropriate approach for their country context. It does this through the following means:
- Gives rationale to embed entrepreneurship as a key competence into European education and training
- Presents an overview on actions taken and results achieved in the Member States
- Outlines the policy success factors making up the entrepreneurship education ecosystem
- Stakeholder engagement: working together to create change
- Entrepreneurial curriculum and teaching methods
- Entrepreneurial learning outcomes and assessment
- Supporting educators and leaders
- Pathways for aspiring entrepreneurs
- Measuring progress and impact
- Provides practical ideas and frameworks for implementation, supported by examples of successful practice
The concrete objective is to bring entrepreneurship into the mainstream of national educational policy and practice in every country in the EU, to enhance the understanding of education as growth-friendly investment and inspire long-term policy reform at Member State level.
Thematic Working Group on Entrepreneurship Education
Type of document
Policy guidance document
Entrepreneurship education; Policy success factors; Policy agenda; EU level; National level; Good practices; Stakeholder engagement; Entrepreneurial curriculum; Teaching methods; Entrepreneurial learning outcomes; Supporting educators and leaders; Pathways for aspiring entrepreneur; Measuring progress and impact; Practical ideas and frameworks for implementation.
Arquivos para Download:Final Report of the Thematic Working Group on Entrepreneurship Education....pdf / 1413kB